El Puente offers internships for students throughout the school year. These internships help to expand student career interests, increase self-esteem, develop stronger interviewing and job seeking skills, and develop a responsible work ethic.
Current internship and volunteer opportunities are listed below.
- ArtWorks for Milwaukee Internships
- City of Milwaukee Earn & Learn Summer Youth Internship
- Cream City Conservation Teen Jobs and Internships
- First Stage Children’s Theater Internships
- Journey House Internships
- Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Volunteer (Must be 18+)
- Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin Internships
- Urban Ecology Center Internships
- Voces de la Frontera Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
- Walker’s Point Youth and Family Center Peer Counselor
To access El Puente’s Student Internship Agreement Form, click here.
GPS Manufacturing Youth Apprenticeship
El Puente is partnered with GPS Manufacturing. The youth apprenticeship program allows high school juniors and seniors to complete high school credits while learning valuable manufacturing skills. Attending GPS lets students learn on the job and prepares them for life after high school. Students interested in learning more should visit https://gpsed.org/manufacturing-youth-apprenticeship/.
We recommend applying to GPS in the spring of your sophomore year in order to enroll as a junior. Students ready to apply to GPS can apply here.
Ford Driving Dreams / MATC
El Puente juniors and seniors have the opportunity to earn credits at Milwaukee Area Technical College. Students who attend MATC can earn between three and seven college credits while earning high school credit. The program is sponsored by Ford Driving Dreams and LULAC Council #340.
If you are interested in taking classes at MATC while attending El Puente, contact Lynn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Molly (email@example.com) for more information.